Home Mater Hospital Staff Development
At the Mater, we take your success seriously, that's why we've created programs to help you control your own future. It goes well beyond the support you expect from a healthcare leader.
All staff are encouraged to participate in ongoing education. They have access to Mater Programs as well as learning and professional development opportunities offered throughout the SV&MHS organisation.
Here's a sample of some of our learning programs:
- Graduate Certificate in Orthopaedics in collaboration with ACU
- Regular in-services for all clinical and non clinical staff
- Regular Clinical ward based education sessions.
- Paid mandatory education sessions
- Weekly Monday information sharing sessions
- Communication workshops
- Customer service workshops
- Team building workshops
- Periodic refresher courses – general and midwifery
- Undergraduate nursing placements
- Work experience placements
- Monthly Clinical Nurses Forums.
Mater Staff Development
Phone: +61 2 9900 7590
Email: Education at the Mater